Sunday, July 29, 2007

The Urge to Sew

I've been experiencing a terrible urge to sew. Terrible, because I just don't have the time to do any sewing now. I'm still settling in, my new roommate is still moving in, and I just HAVE to finish that pair of Bayerische for my sock pal!

What, you might ask, brought on this sewing urge? Well, there was Moocow coming to visit and making cute lunch bags. There's the fact that some of my favourite knit bloggers, such as Grumperina and Elizabeth, have been blogging about sewing lately. There's the fact that I haven't sewn anything in a while. And there's the fact that I've been having window treatments running through my mind constantly, because I know that I want to sew curtains for the new place, and make a new slipcover for the couch that the previous tenants left behind. I. Want. To. Sew. The fact that I haven't gone shopping for clothes in months might also have something to do with it.

Well, with the excuse of looking at what kinds of home decorating fabrics are available at the local JoAnn's, I spent a couple of hours happily looking at everything. There was a Simplicity pattern sale, so what do I do? Find some other patterns that I want! As you can see from the picture above, I did end up getting two Simplicity patterns. I love sewing soft toys, and couldn't resist their new bear pattern. The very simple skirt/pants pattern is for a project that I will unveil at a later date.

I don't know why I noticed this Butterick blouse pattern. It isn't new, and I've probably seen it a dozen times before while I was browsing through the pattern catalogues. This time, however, it caught my eye because I realised that it looks almost exactly like my favourite Ann Taylor blouse (picture below)!!! It even has a side zipper. I can't wait until I have a little more time!
I went looking for the New Look dress pattern after seeing the absolutely irresistible dress made by Liesl. Seriously, take a look at it and I assure you, you'll fall in love.

So, no actual sewing has been accomplished. Just a whole lot of thinking about sewing.

1 comment:

Kea said...

Oooh, sewing projects! If you want a few yards of some maroon stretch cotton, drop me a line! I've got a ton of the stuff - it's factory scraps from one of my mom's friends.