Friday, October 26, 2007

Carrot Nut Muffins

Raymond, the farmer for the CSA I joined, grows really beautiful carrots. (In fact, all of his root vegetables, and garlic, are stupdendous.) I made my first carrot cake a while back (it was a behemoth) but one night, as I was studying, I felt the overwhelming need to bake. I couldn't afford to do anything too involved, so I settled on this carrot nut muffin recipe by Beth Hensperger in the Williams-Sonomo Muffins cookbook.

In the interest of saving time, I used the little mini-food processor that Moocow had left with me. It isn't terribly good, I'm afraid - the walnuts and carrots were very unevenly chopped - but I satisfied my baking craving, tested a new recipe, and got back to studying pretty quickly. And, I swear, it was just about the baking; I didn't have any muffins until the next morning. They were pretty good, too. And look, Ma, no icing! Definitely healthy enough for breakfast.

No comments: