After a couple mistakes, and ripping back to the cuff about three times, I think I've finally figured Bayerische out. The pattern is established and, hopefully, this will mean relatively smooth sailing until the heel. Lang Jawoll is just a tad bit finer than other sock yarns I've worked with, and the deep, dark, burgundy colour makes seeing the stitches difficult. However, I've started my second pair of socks for my Sockapalooza 4 sock pal, and I have hopes that I'll actually finish in time, instead of being forever stuck on the first inch!
I've spent (too much!) time recently on Ravelry, uploading my projects, needles and stash, and adding patterns to my queue. Just taking a look at my queue spurred me to cast on for the Clementine Shawlette (IK, Spring 2007), because it seems to me that if I don't, I'll never get to half the items on my list!
I used some mystery yarn that I bought a while back from The Yarn Tree in Brooklyn. It's a blend of wool, silk and something else, but it's so soft and has a lovely sheen. I only have 542 yards of it, but I'm hoping that it will be enough to finish the shawl.
A couple of weeks ago now, when I was working on Arwen (IK Winter 2006), I realised that I'd made a mistake in crossing a cable. I put it aside, but I was determined to fix it. Well, I did that this morning, and made a little more progress on the sleeve. I just love the way this cardigan is constructed! And there's just the right balance of cabling and plain stockinette stitch to keep it from being too monotonous or too difficult.