Thursday, June 01, 2006

First Feathers

I started the Peacock Feathers Shawl (from Fiddlesticks Knitting) yesterday. It isn't much to look at right now, especially when it's all curled up as it is in the photo on the left.

But I'm so excited! It's my first pattern from Fiddlesticks Knitting, although I bought another pattern of theirs at the same time; the shawl with all the sea creatures on it! If this shawl goes well, I'm going to try that one, too. They really do have beautiful shawl patterns. Too bad I can't say the same for some of their other patterns!

And, so far, it has been going well. Of course, I've barely begun, and it's been a fairly simple overall repeating pattern so far. But I'm about to start on the next stage.

The finished shape is triangular, with the side that's the hypotenuse going across your shoulders, and a point down the centre back.

Because you start by casting on three stitches, and keep increasing every row, I thought the shawl would be growing from the bottom-centre tip upwards. Instead, it starts centered at the nape and grows down and out from there, the peacock feathers spreading outwards diagonally. Pretty cool, huh?

--
Posted by Lana to Bumbling Bees - Girls with Purls at 6/01/2006 05:59:00 PM

No comments: