Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I went crazy at Webs

After not posting, or knitting, for months and months, I have come out of deep hibernation. It was a very trying semester, but I came through with flying colours (if not with a thesis!), and am ready to take part in real life again!

Last weekend, a coworker and I drove to Northampton, MA and went to the Webs annual sale event and, oh my, was it glorious! It is about an hour and a half from Albany, NY, and we very nearly ran out of gas on the way, but it was worth every minute.

So much yarn, so many yarn lovers, and such irresistable prices! I confess, I went a little crazy, although I did try to rein myself in there at the end. I could easily have come away with four or five times as much, which would have been a very, very bad thing. Financially speaking, of course.

So, what did I take home with me? 13 balls of the chunky weight Valley Yarns Shelburne in a light blue (above).....

6 glorious, silky-soft skeins of Bristol Yarn Gallery Buckingham in a rosy pink.....
10 buttery soft balls of Rowan Cashsoft Baby DK in the lightest lemon yellow.....
10 balls of Valley Yarns Florence, a fuzzy mohair blend....
8 skeins of this vibrant Classic Elite Four Seasons cotton yarn, in the kind of red I have been looking high and low for.....
And 10 balls of Jaeger Roma in a muted blue-grey.

Ahhh, my lovelies, I do have plans for you.

No comments: