Saturday, September 01, 2007

Where's My Sock Pal?

Sockapalooza 4 is officially over. All the socks should have been sent out in early August but, I am sad to say, I still haven't received any socks from my pal. I haven't heard from her either, so I don't know if she is still working on my socks, if she has mailed them and they got lost in the mail, or if she has gotten tied up with other things.

But there is good news. I joined the sock exchange so that I could "meet" other knitters, and join in the excitement. The little Bumbling Bees blog I share with Moocow, Kea and Greenwithenv has been the happy recipient of comments from some of these knitters. I did enjoy knitting socks for my "downstream" pal and, best of all, she loved the socks I sent her, even though I still owe her one. (With my internship, and my trip to South Carolina, I just couldn't finish that second sock of the second pair, even though I was chugging away at the end of July and managed to finish the first sock.)

My downstream sock pal, Dawn, wrote the nicest post about my socks; I was completely thrilled! It completely made my week, to know that I had chosen the right colours and patterns, and that I had made someone happy. Unfortunately, I have been busy, busy, busy. But I thought it was past time for me to let Dawn know how happy she has made me in return. Therefore, I would still consider my first foray into a knitting exchange a success.

I am still working away on that second Bayerische sock. I have promised Dawn that she will have it in time for the cold weather!

No comments: