Friday, May 11, 2007

Waiting for the Mailman

Well, I finally took the plunge and ordered the yarn for my Sockapalooza sock pal. In the end, I decided to order everything from Simply Socks Yarn Co., because I'm knitting Bayerische and the Lang Jawoll seems to have the slightly finer gauge that is necessary, so no Brown Sheep Wildfoote. I'm getting the Jawoll in a deep, burgundy red colour (#84).

For the cotton Snowflake Lace socks, I bought 3 balls of Cascade Fixation in a light blue (#5104).
Then, to make my total more than $50 so I could qualify for the free shipping, I got two skeins of Lorna's Laces in pewter (I've always wanted to knit with Lorna's Laces, and I think I'll make some gentlemanly socks for my father) and some Panda Cotton (it contains bamboo, which is supposed to be good for wicking away moisture from the feet) to try out, in a periwinkle colour.

I can't wait until it all arrives!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a goodly amount of yarn!

I just placed my order as well (at The Loopy Ewe). I am hoping that the two different yarns I ordered will work for the two different sock projects I have in mind.